- Everybody wants Sherman Olney for his uncanny ability to fix things. Then he fixes somebody’s dead wife.
- Pride. Dedication. Respect. Is the American dream still worth dreaming?
- When a young poet meets a beautiful drifter with a backpack full of stolen cash and a killer on her trail, he learns the true meaning of poetic revenge.
- On opening day of hunting season, an escaped convict returns to his backwoods home vowing to kill his mother-in-law.
- A brilliant mathematician tries to prove her famous father's newly discovered“lost painting” is a fake, but some people would rather have her dead than have her proof.
- A modern day Robin Hood takes american Justice to a whole new level.
Accomplished in multiple genres, David is respected for his narrative talent, visual creativity and empathic work with performers. His work includes commercials, web videos, docs, corporate films; the best-selling Wee Sing children’s series for Universal Home Video; the groundbreaking public television series, Mathematics Illuminated (he was, in fact, briefly comfortable with Chaos Theory) and countless other projects.
David writes most of the projects he directs. From magical realism and political satire to suspense thriller and true crime, his screenplays have won accolades from top screenplay competitions like Sundance, Austin, Worldfest, Slamdance, IFP, Nicholl, Scriptalooza and beyond.
David’s understanding of story structure brings unique perspective to the editing bay. He collaborates with editors to perfect a story’s narrative flow and edits many of his own projects, including the feature doc, Raw Materials.
David has served as adjunct faculty of the Art Institute of Portland, Chairman of the Willamette Writers Conference and Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Northwest Academy. He currently serves on the board of Oregon Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, and lives in the Northwest with his partner Gini and their incredibly athletic boxer Boulou.
Red Door Films
Red Door Films produces commercials, corporate films, web videos, docs and features. Its clients have included Nickelodeon, Spirit Mountain Casino, Goodwill, Hewlett-Packard, Spirit Mountain Community Fund, Freightliner, AVI BioPharma, SawStop, Dairy Queen, The American Gem Society, Oregon Public Broadcasting, the Annenberg Foundation, City of Portland, Oregon Lottery and many others. Red Door’s projects have received over sixty awards including 33 Telly’s.